While the infamous spy may have had some fantastic lines, Moore was equally witty in real life, giving some spectacular interviews throughout his life.
Below are 15 of the best quotes from Moore, discussing life, money, acting, and marriage.
1. You can either grow old gracefully or begrudgingly. I chose both.
2. I enjoy being a highly overpaid actor.
3. I was not very self-confident with [women]. I got lucky occasionally, but with a lack of confidence.
4. Food has always been a passion of mine – see the waistline for proof.
5. The wonderful thing about age is that your knees don't work as well, you can't run down steps quite as easily and obviously you can't lift heavy weights. But your mind doesn't feel any different.
6. It’s easy to sit in relative luxury and peace and pontificate on the subject of the Third World debts.
7. It’s easy to sit in relative luxury and peace and pontificate on the subject of the Third World debts.
8. I don’t think I learnt too much, otherwise I wouldn’t have been married four times.
9. Of course I do my own stunts. And I also do my own lying.
10. I think a little bit behind George Lazenby I suppose
11. If you don't have humour, then you may as well nail the coffin lid down now.
12. I’d imagine his private life to be rather limited as he’s seemingly always on the job.
13. I don't think I've ever made any good financial decisions.
14. My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised.
15. On-set pranks should always be done while the cameras are rolling so that victims can’t retaliate.