Simon Cowell's Walk the Line 'to air for one week over 6 consecutive nights'

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Simon Cowell credit:Bang Showbiz
Simon Cowell credit:Bang Showbiz

'Walk the Line' is to air for one week, next month - over six nights.

Simon Cowell told earlier this week how Gary Barlow is taking his place as a judge on the new ITV show, and now it has been revealed the programme will be "stripped" over six consecutive nights, in a similar fashion to the 'Britain's Got Talent' live finals.

A TV insider said: "This might come as something of a surprise to viewers as they associate Simon’s shows, namely 'X Factor' and 'Britain’s Got Talent', with Saturday night telly.

"But 'Walk The Line' is very much a mid-week show, in a similar vein to the 'BGT' live finals."

However, it's not yet known if the programme's finale will air on a Saturday.

The insider added to The Sun newspaper's TV Biz column: "Except the live final of the new game show may not even fall on a Saturday - ITV schedulers have yet to decide.

"Simon and the team felt that stripping the show like this lent itself to building up the tension and seemed a more fitting approach in the world of binge-viewing."

It comes after the 62-year-old music mogul stepped back from a judging role, as he is keen to focus on his behind-the-scenes commitments as executive producer and creator of the new show.

Simon said: “This is a situation where I have decided it is right for me to focus on my role as the Creator and Producer as we build up to the hugely exciting launch.

“Gary’s musical pedigree is second to none – and we have known each other a long time now - so I am delighted he is picking up the baton for me for the first series of 'Walk The Line'. I know he will do a fantastic job.”

Take That star Gary - who was a judge on 'The X Factor' between 2011 and 2013 - is "so excited" about his new job.

He said: "When Simon calls it’s usually with something fairly extraordinary.

“I’m so excited to be involved in a brand-new TV show, and of course my favourite part of 'Walk the Line' is discovering new talent.”

The "high octane musical gameshow" will be hosted by Maya Jama and could see contestants win up to £500,000.

Craig David and Mabel are rumoured to be joining Gary on the judging panel.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting