Stacey Dooley has said she feels "much better" for quitting Twitter last month.
The 34-year-old presenter shared she'd decided to cut ties with the social media site after reading "not very pleasant" things about herself first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
"I feel so much better for it," she told You magazine. "I said to Kev [Clifton], there were some days where I’d get up and the first thing I’d do is look at my phone and read something not very pleasant about myself.
"And then when I went to bed, the last thing I’d do is look at my phone and read another negative comment. So I’d be starting and finishing the day reading unkind things about myself. And I think, if that was a person saying it in my bed, I’d be in an abusive relationship and I wouldn’t put up with it."
Dooley, who's in a relationship with former Strictly pro Kevin Clifton, spoke out against hurtful online messages last October as she branded criticism of a show she'd signed up to as "unnecessarily cruel".
The programme in question, This Is My House, kicks off on Wednesday and sees four contestants take Dooley round a house they say is theirs but only one is telling the truth.
A panel of celebrity guessers then must try and decide who is lying and who is the real owner.
When reacting to the response after the programme was announced last year Dooley said of Twitter: "I don’t know why this platform is so unkind."
Although no longer active on Twitter, Dooley does still maintain a presence on Instagram.
Watch: Caroline Flack's mother criticises social media companies