Teacher has emergency op to remove stuck sex toy after ‘DIY’ effort failed

A student teacher was left red-faced when she was brought to hospital to have a sex toy removed from inside her.

Mum-of-one Emma Phillips, from Wallasey, Merseyside, was left with no choice but to have surgery after ‘DIY’ efforts to remove the still-buzzing vibrator from her backside using BARBECUE TONGS failed.

Emma, 24, was feeling amorous with partner Lee Miller, 29, during the early hours of Saturday morning when the sex toy ‘disappeared’.

Initially thinking Lee had hidden the vibrator under a pillow as a prank, it was only when Emma pressed down on her stomach and felt a buzzing that she realised it had vanished up her back passage.

Emma is deciding go public with her incident to warn others to not allow embarrassment to stop them seeking help if they find themselves in a similar predicament.

Accident: Emma had been using the sex toy with partner Lee (Caters)

MORE: Women are unfaithful for very different reasons to men - and it’s not about sex
MORE: Sorry dads! Scientists claim children inherit their intelligence from their mums

She: “We were looking around the bed in case it had fallen out.

"When I leaned on my stomach I could feel it vibrating - it was stuck low down and at one point was even wedged behind my hip.”

The passionate pair tried to extract the toy, bought for £28 as part of a couple’s sex aid pack, using a variety of eyewatering DIY methods but to no avail.

Emma added: “For a while Lee was suggesting all kinds of wonderful options.

"He tried a kitchen fork handle, which we won’t be using again, and said he could feel it at one point but that it was too far up - it was a goner.

"He tried BBQ prongs too but after a certain point - after an hour of trying - we knew were going to have to go to hospital. We were both a bit shocked.”

Finally calling the emergency services, Emma was rushed to Wrexham Maelor Hospital in Wrexham, North Wales, where doctors concluded that surgery was the only option.

Advice: Emma said people should not be embarrassed about seeking medical help (Caters)

As she was being wheeled to theatre doctors told Emma if they couldn’t extract it rectally they would have to go through the bowel and take some out which could mean at least six months with a colostomy bag.

Emma’s surgery took just one-and-a-half minutes, and involved a camera placed down her throat and the surgeon pressing on her stomach before manually extracting it.

Doctors offered her the toy as a keepsake but she declined.

Emma now wants to raise awareness and urge anyone in a similar predicament to seek medical attention.

Emma said: “We weren’t going to do anything about it because of the embarrassment – there’s a big taboo about it - but we knew we needed help…

"There is a big taboo about this, but it really isn’t a big deal.

"You hear about people becoming really ill or even dying because they’re too embarrassed to get help – I would hate that to happen to someone.”

A Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board spokesman said: “We would always urge people to exercise the utmost care and caution to prevent any unfortunate or potentially dangerous repercussions, and to seek the right care if any accidents occur.”

Top pic: Caters