Boy, 2, who died following cardiac arrest named as two people arrested on suspicion of murder

The two-year old toddler has been named as Keigan Ronnie O’Brien (PA)

A two-year-old boy who died in hospital after being found at a Doncaster property has been named.

Emergency services were called to a house on Bosworth Road in Adwick on Wednesday morning to reports that the boy was suffering a cardiac arrest.

The toddler has now been named as Keigan Ronnie O’Brien by South Yorkshire Police.

Bosworth Road in Adwick, Doncaster, where a two-year-old boy died from a cardiac arrest (Picture: Google Maps)

It follows the arrest of two people - a 36-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Adwick - on suspicion of murder on Thursday, where they remain in police custody.

Keigan was rushed to hospital but died on Thursday afternoon, South Yorkshire Police said.

Detective Chief Inspector James Axe said: “The loss of any life is tragic, and the death of this little boy is undeniably devastating.Our thoughts are with those who are affected and our specialist officers will continue to support them.

“We have a dedicated team of officers assigned to this investigation. Two people are in custody and we are working hard to establish the exact circumstances leading up to this child's death.


‘Foolish’ drunk driver who killed up-and-coming rapper after drinking six pints is jailed

Man stabbed to death and two 'seriously injured' in Oxfordshire as police launch murder investigation

“A great deal of people will be affected by Keigan’s death and my thoughts are with his loved ones and those within the local and wider community.

“I’d please ask that their privacy is respected and people continue to be mindful of what they are posting on social media platforms to prevent any further distress.

Handout photo of floral tributes near a property in Bosworth Road, Adwick, Doncaster, after two-year-old Keigan Ronnie O'Brien died in hospital after being found in cardiac arrest at the property on Wednesday (PA)

“Our investigation is continuing, with specialist officers carrying out a number of enquiries to establish the exact circumstances surrounding this absolutely tragic incident.