Family and friends have confirmed the death of loved ones following the attack in Barcelona which killed at least 14 people and left many others injured.
There are also missing people - relatives have been searching high and low, desperate for their loved ones to be safe.
Here is all we know on the missing and the dead.
British seven-year-old confirmed dead
The grieving family of Julian Cadman, the British boy killed in the Barcelona terror attack, said they will never forget his smiles.
The seven-year-old was in the Spanish city with his mother, Jumarie Cadman, to attend a family wedding when they were hit by a rented van as it careered down Las Ramblas, killing 13 and injuring more than 100.
Mrs Cadman was seriously injured and in a coma, as of Sunday morning, unaware of her son's death, a senior Catalan Government source told the Telegraph.
Julian's family confirmed he had been killed in a statement released on Sunday, saying: "Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family.
"As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us.
"He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces.
"We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts."
The family thanked those who helped search for Julian in the immediate aftermath of the attack, adding: "Your kindness was incredible during a difficult time.
"We also acknowledge we are not the only family to be affected by the events, our prayers and thoughts are with all people affected."
It took several days to formally identify Julian's body because DNA confirmation was required, the government source said.
Andrew Cadman, the boy's father, heard the news of the attack on the radio last week and on discovering that his son was missing, immediately flew from Sydney to Barcelona, arriving in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It is believed he was taken straight to the Ciutat de la Justicia, where victims of the Las Ramblas terror attack were being identified by forensic experts.
He was then taken, with a police escort, to the Vall d'Hebron hospital where his wife, who sustained severe injuries, underwent surgery.
Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, said: "I send my sincerest sympathies to the family of Julian Cadman and all those who loved him. His death is a tragedy."
Julian was born in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, and lived in the UK for four years, attending Chiddingstone Nursery, set in a castle in the countryside, before the family-of-three moved to Australia three years ago.
They return to the UK once a year to visit Mrs Cadman's older sister, Judith, whose daughter Justine's wedding the pair were attending in Barcelona.
Julian's paternal grandfather, Tony Cadman, originally from Gillingham, had emigrated to Sydney decades earlier.
The family had put out urgent appeals for information about Julian on social media that were removed from the internet on Saturday.
Family member Debbie Cadman wrote on Facebook: "It is beyond words what we are experiencing at the moment. We appreciate all prayers and love."
A pharmacist who comforted Mrs Cadman in the immediate aftermath of the attack has described how she ignored her own as she begged for information about her son.
Fouad Bakkali comforted Mrs Cadman as she lay on the floor of his Las Ramblas shop, waiting for paramedics.
“I was with the mother, the Australian mother, until the doctor came,’’ he said.
“I was at her side helping her, telling her, ‘be calm, don’t worry.’’
He said Mrs Cadman appeared to be suffering two broken legs, a back injury and had a large wound on her head.
“She was asking all the time about her little boy. She asked me ‘where is my son’. She told me he was seven years old,’’ a Mr Bakkali added.
“I told her, 'he is good, it will be OK.'
“I helped to keep her breathing until the doctor’s came."
The Catalan interior department also confirmed the deaths of an Italian and a Belgian national in the Las Ramblas attack.
Forensic doctors and police are still working to identify two remaining victims of the 13 killed.
Those already named include Luca Rosso, a 35-year-old Italian on holiday with his fiancee, Bruno Gulotta, 35, an Italian father-of-two and Jared Tucker, 42, an American construction worker .
Officials said 51 people injured in the attack remain in hospital while 81 have been discharged. The victims hailed from 34 countries including China, Colombia, France, Germany, Honduras and Morocco.
'Compassionate, generous' Canadian father named as dead in attack
Ian Moore Wilson has been identified as dead.
His daughter, Vancouver police Staff Sgt. Fiona Wilson, issued this statement: "My dad, Ian Moore Wilson, was a much-loved husband, father, brother, and grandfather, who lived a healthy, active life alongside his partner of 53 years, my mum, Valerie.
"He was compassionate, generous, adventurous, and always game for a lively debate, a good book, exploring new places, and a proper-sized pint. In the midst of this tragedy, my dad would want those around him to focus on the extraordinary acts of human kindness that our family has experienced over the past several days, and that is exactly what we intend to do.
"From our policing colleagues and friends at the Vancouver Police Department and the RCMP, who have been unwavering in their love and support; to Albert, who threw a family member on the back of his scooter to rush him to the hospital after tragedy struck; to the Air Canada employee who offered up a personal discount pass to make emergency flights more affordable; to the people who assisted my dad in his final moments, and those who focused on my mum’s urgent medical attention and aftercare; and to the Catalonian first responders who put their lives at risk for the safety of others.
"These are the things we will choose to focus on when we endeavour to come to terms with the senseless violence and acts of hatred that have taken loved ones before their time. My dad’s passing leaves an immense void in our tight-knit family. He was desperately loved by us all and will be dearly missed."
Earlier on Friday Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirmed one Canadian had died and that four had suffered injuries during the attack, but did not name the victim.
Belgian town mourns woman killed
Elke Vanbockrijck was killed in the attack, according to friends, colleagues and the stricken town she was from.
She was the mother of two young sons, aged 10 and 14.
Authorities said she was on holiday with her husband and sons when she was run down and killed by a terrorist.
The town of Tongeren is opening a memorial book for the fallen woman, who according to friends was a football fan and a lot of fun.
According to people who live in the town, Mrs Vanbockrijck worked at the local bank.
One said: "She worked at the window at the 'Bank van de Post' where I'm a client. Heartfelt condolences for family and friends in this terrible drama ".
A colleague said: "Rest in peace! We're going to miss you at work but also at the football!"
A friend wrote: "Super woman, honey of a mom, everything you want in a friend or colleague! And then she gets taken away from us! Terrible, strength to all colleagues and especially to the family and Vic and Gus"
Belgium's foreign affairs minister, Didier Reynders, previously said a Belgian citizen was also among the dead.
Een Tongerse werd vandaag slachtoffer van de laffe aanslag in Barcelona. Namens alle Tongenaren mijn deelneming aan familie en vrienden.— Patrick Dewael (@PatrickDewael) August 17, 2017
The mayor of Tongeren confirmed a woman from the town had died.
Family mourns Spanish grandfather
Francisco Lopez Rodriguez desaparecido foto en las ramblas antes del atentado pic.twitter.com/8AHq9m2eK3— Raquel Baron Lopez (@rachelbaron1976) August 18, 2017
Francisco López Rodríguez, who 60 years old and a native of Lanteira (Granada), was reported missing by stricken family members following the terror attack.
He was pictured on Las Ramblas before a van careened into pedestrians, including Mr Rodríguez, who according to family members died on the spot.
ha fallecido en el acto, en el impacto por eso no estaba en ninguna lista acabamos de recibir noticia no puedo seguir Gracias— Raquel Baron Lopez (@rachelbaron1976) August 18, 2017
Raquel Baron Lopez, his niece, posted a series of desperate tweets saying she was looking for him in hospitals across the city, but to no avail.
She let her followers know the tragic news when she learned her uncle died when he was mown over by the van.
Four other members of her family went missing - but were safely located in the hours following the attack.
Dead Italian father-of-two mourned by friends and colleagues
Among the 14 dead is Italian father-of-two Bruno Gullotta.
His place of work, Tom's Hardware, confirmed that the 35-year-old had died in the attack.
He leaves behind his partner, young mother Martina Gullotta, and his two children.
The company wrote on Facebook: "He was a friend, a father and a colleague.
"He was one of us at Tom's hardware, everyone knew who he was. We're all going to miss him.
"A big hug to Martina and the kids."
His colleague said his heart was going out to the children, "little Alexander, who is preparing to start elementary school with the awareness that his life and family will no longer be the same.
"And then we think of the little Aria, who does not have the horrible scene in her eyes but will never know her dad. "
The father-of-two worked in marketing and sales at the company.
A colleague writes: "He was able to lead a rich family life and a brilliant professional career with a balance- and that I will always envy him."
Italian man dies next to fiancee
The Italian foreign ministry identified the second Italian killed as Luca Russo, who was on holiday with his fiancée. She was injured but was not in serious condition.
He was from Bassano Grappa in the northern province of Treviso and worked at a company in Padua.
Both Luca and his girlfriend Marta Scomazzon were volunteers at the Green Cross, according to local police.
According to local media, he was 25 years old and was an engineering graduate.
His sister wrote an hour before he was identified as dead: "help me bring him home, please".
"We are born without bringing anything, we die without taking away anything. And in the middle we argue for something," was the last thing he posted on his Facebook page.
In 2015, after the Paris attacks, Luca Russo had posted a Eiffel tower, writing "peace" and "Religion is the opium of the people".
The President of Veneto, Luca Zaia, said: "Veneto loses one of its children.
"Memory can only return to the Bataclan attack, where our Valeria Solesin was barbarously killed".
A 75-year-old Spaniard named as victim
Pepita Codina, 75, from the Spanish town of Sant Hipòlit de Voltregà was named as one of the thirteen victims.
The town's mayor, Xavier Vilamala, confirmed her death in a message on Twitter.
Sara Sanchez Crosas, who said she was her hairdresser, also posted about the news of her death on Facebook.
A friend wrote on Facebook: "Sons of b----s in yesterday's attack on las ramblas have killed Pepita Codina, one of the best people I've ever met... my parents best friend... ".
A three-year-old child among those dead
A three-year-old child is among those confirmed dead, Spanish media reported.
The child is from Rubi in Barcelona and was apparently taken to San Pau hospital but could not be saved. Fifteen of the victims were last night in critical condition.
In Australia, Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop confirmed that four Australians had been hurt in the attack, while one person is missing.
Twenty-six French citizens were injured, with at least 11 of them in serious condition, the French Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a statement.
A spokesman for Spain's civil protection had earlier said said that among the victims in the popular seaside city were nationals from France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Argentina, Venezuela, Belgium, Australia, Hungary, Peru, Romania, Ireland, Greece, Cuba, Macedonia, China, Italy and Algeria - without detailing whether he was referring to those who died or were injured.
American Jared Tucker confirmed among dead
Heidi Nunes was on a blissful holiday with her husband Jared Tucker, a 42-year-old construction worker, when disaster struck.
Mr Tucker's family confirmed on Friday afternoon that he was among the dead.
His father told the New York Daily News: "We just got the text - Jared's body was identified at the morgue by his wife. It's just something we really just don't understand. I don't know what else to say."
The two were in the path of the terrorist-driven vehicle - and ended up becoming separated.
The couple from Walnut Creek, California, were celebrating their first wedding anniversary in Europe, and had just finished drinks on Las Rambas when the van came out of nowhere.
"Next thing I know there's screaming yelling," Ms Nunes, a 40-year-old teacher, told NBC News.
"I got pushed inside the souvenir kiosk and stayed there hiding while everybody kept running by screaming."
In the image above, she is with her husband at a bar in Las Rambas around an hour before she lost him.
"They were walking through downtown when he stopped to use the restroom, moments later all hell broke loose and Heidi was swept up in the terrified crowd and she lost sight of Jared," brother-in-law Kalani Kalanui said.
A spokesman for the State Department said: "The US consulate general in Barcelona continues to work with local authorities to identify and provide assistance to US citizens affected by the terrorist attacks in Las Ramblas and Cambrils.
"At this time we can confirm that one US citizen was killed. We can also confirm that one US citizen sustained minor injuries.
"Out of respects for the family’s privacy in their time of grief, we have no further comment. Spanish authorities report that there are still several casualties that are not yet identified."
Spanish woman killed in Cambrils attack
Ana Maria Suarez, 61, from Zaragoza, north-east Spain, was with her husband and sister, who were both injured in the attack, according to Radio Television Espanola.
The Spanish Royal Family Twitter account confirmed her death, offering their thoughts to her family.
Portuguese women among the victims
A Portuguese woman aged 74 and her 20-year old granddaughter were confirmed among the dead by Jose Luis Carneiro, Lisbon's secretary of state for Portuguese communities abroad.
The older woman was reported dead Friday, while the younger woman was initially reported as missing before finally being identified on Saturday.
Argentine-Spanish dual national killed
Argentina's foreign ministry said a 40-year-old woman, Silvina Alejandra Pereyra, who had dual Spanish-Argentinian citizenship was among the dead. She had lived in Barcelona for a decade.
Italian tourist aged 80 killed in the attack
Carmen Lopardo, apparently the oldest person to die in the attack, was among three Italians killed in Barcelona, according to Italy's foreign ministry.
In a statement, it said Lopardo was killed in the "vile terrorist attack in Barcelona," without providing details.
News reports said Mr Lopardo was an Italian who had emigrated to Argentina in 1950 and was visiting Barcelona.