Woman with third-degree burns believes her dog saved her life by 'sniffing out' sepsis

A woman believes her dog saved her life by 'sniffing out' sepsis after she developed the life-threatening condition from third-degree burns due to a bad reaction to hair dye. Levi Carter, 22, booked herself into a hair salon in February 2018 to get her hair professionally bleached to go from brunette to blonde. Within minutes of the peroxide bleach being applied, she claims her scalp started to burn and it was 'smoking' - before the stylist quickly washed it off.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting