Few dinner traditions are as sacred as pizza night. By now, your kids are pros at decorating with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, but isn’t it time you mixed up the menu? Here are 35 creative pizza topping ideas that your whole family can get behind.
1. Potato and Burrata Pizza
Your pickiest eater is no match for thin-sliced spuds, gooey mozzarella and creamy burrata.
2. Cheater’s Sicilian-Style Pizza with Jalapeños and Honey
The focaccia base—crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside—is a mind-blowingly simple shortcut. Make a few slices jalapeño-free if your kids aren’t into spicy foods. It’s still just as delicious.
3. Mediterranean Pita Pizzas
Does it get better than a mess-free, 15-minute meal? We think not. Swap sauce for hummus, then let the kids go ham with the toppings.
4. Chopped Italian Salad Pizza
Put down the tongs and step away from the Caesar dressing. We’re mixing things up with a zingy mustard vinaigrette and ricotta.
5. Pizza with Butternut Squash
Bookmark it now, whip it up for Thanksgiving cocktail hour later.
6. Cheater’s Prosciutto Hawaiian Pizza
It may sound like a stretch. But salty prosciutto, sweet grilled pineapple and nutty Gouda are more kid-friendly than you might think.
7. Mini Cauliflower-Crust Breakfast Pizza with Spicy Garlic Honey
Pizza first thing in the morning might just be enough to get them out of bed (even on a Sunday).
8. Eggplant Pizza
File this under Genius Ways to Trick Kids into Eating Vegetables.
9. Cheater’s Vegetarian Pizza with Zucchini and Bell Peppers
This pie is prime for freestyling. Substitute any vegetables they’ll pick off their plates with ones they won’t, like broccoli or sweet potato.
10. Roasted Butternut Squash-Prosciutto Pizza with Caramelized Onions
They’ll need their energy for trick-or-treating, and this fall pie has Halloween dinner written all over it.
11. Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
One of the most iconic appetizers of all time just got a doughy makeover.
12. Chicken Broccoli Pizza
We wouldn’t blame you (or your kid) for trading tomato sauce for teriyaki.
13. Chicken Shawarma Pita Pizza
The star here is the zesty lemon-tahini sauce.
14. French Onion Mushroom Pizza
Fresh herbs and zippy balsamic meet tangy goat cheese and fontina.
15. Easy Taco Pizza
Trust us: No one will complain about a layer of crumbled tortilla chips on top.
16. Charred Brussels Sprout Pizza with Browned Sage Butter
If the kids turn their noses up at the sprouts, just point them in the direction of all that crispy prosciutto. And if that doesn’t work, go ahead and swap it for bacon.
17. Brown Butter Lobster and Spinach Pizza with Bacon and Fontina
Brown butter is basically nutty, savory liquid gold—and it’s shockingly easy to make yourself.
18. White Zucchini Corn Pizza
Since this pie already screams summer, take it up a notch further by finishing it on the grill.
19. Philly Cheesesteak Pizza with Balsamic Fig Reduction
Goat cheese and fig vinegar? We had no clue a Philly cheesesteak could be this fancy.
20. Banh Mi Pizza
Hold off on the sriracha mayo and fresno chiles so it’s not too spicy for the little ones. Then, take your own slice and bring on the heat.
21. White Mushroom Pizza
Creminis are a lot more kid-friendly once they’re browned in thyme butter.
22. Carnitas Avocado Pizza
Carnitas are typically made with pork, but this version puts fall-off-the-bone chuck roast centerstage.
23. Caramelized Mushroom and Tamarind Pizza
Tamarind, a tropical fruit, is super sweet and tangy—just the pairing for salty Parmesan and mild fontina.
24. Avocado Tomato Gouda Socca Pizza
You’ll want to make this gluten-free crust over and over (and over…) again. The key ingredient is chickpea flour.
25. Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
California Pizza Kitchen has nothing on this copycat. The kids will go nuts for the homemade peanut sauce and coconut crema.
26. Cheeseburger Pizza
It’s just like their other favorite dinner, from the cheddar cheese to the sliced pickles. All that’s missing is the bun.
27. Potato Pizza with Kale Pesto
Well, pesto sauce is one way to get the kids to eat their leafy greens.
28. Chicken Taco Flatbread Pizza
The recipe calls for a homemade chipotle spice mix made from pantry staples, but you can definitely substitute with a store-bought version.
29. BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Brussels Sprouts
Preparing pork tenderloin in a slow cooker basically guarantees that it’ll turn out fork tender.
30. Peach, Basil and Brie French Bread Pizzas
Swap pizza dough for a fresh-baked loaf of French bread—it’ll soak up every last drop of the balsamic reduction.
31. Easy Asparagus and Pea Curry Naan Pizza
Try substituting the asparagus for cauliflower if the kids are craving something less, um, green.
32. Roasted Balsamic Strawberry-Cherry Pita Pizzas with Arugula
Just in case your family has only tried fruit on pizza when it’s slathered in Nutella.
33. Serrano Ham, Manchego and Asparagus Pizza
Think of it as a Spanish take on the iconic bacon, egg and cheese.
34. Truffled Mushroom Prosciutto Pizza
Instead of using expensive truffles, this recipe calls for roasting cremini and button mushrooms and topping the pizza with truffle cheese instead.
35. Rotisserie Chicken Naan Pizza with Spinach, Queso Fresco and Fire-Roasted Tomato-Mango Chutney Sauce
This Indian-inspired dish uses store-bought chicken, meaning it’ll leave you with plenty of time to whip up dessert.