Ant McPartlin has pleaded guilty to his drink driving charge.
He has been fined £86,000 at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court after admitting driving while more than twice the legal alcohol limit and causing the accident and banned from driving for 20 months.
The fine was in accordance to the TV star’s £130,000 weekly earnings.
The star, who crashed his Mini while more than twice the legal limit, has told reporters outside court he is ‘truly sorry for what happened’. He also said that he felt ‘ashamed and mortified’ for what he’d done.
The 42-year-old, wearing a black suit and white shirt, faced a scrum of photographers and reporters as he walked up the steps at the main entrance to Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court in south-west London, which was guarded by seven police officers.
During the hearing, the TV star pleaded guilty to causing the car smash that involved three cars and being under the influence of alcohol.
The Saturday Night Takeaway and Britain’s Got Talent presenter, 42, was arrested back on 18 March when he was involved in a three-car crash that saw him taken in by police after failing a roadside breathalyser test.
As a result of the arrest, it not only meant an imminent episode of SNT cancelled, but saw Declan Donnelly, 42, host the final two shows on his own.
Despite drawing in huge viewing numbers, the negative side of Ant’s personal problems saw Suzuki end their multi-million pound deal with the Geordie duo and show. ITV share prices also fell, meaning the channel lost around £1.2 billion in value since Ant’s first stint in rehab last year.