Facebook is down for many users in Europe, thanks to a malfunctioning Android app which crashes as soon as it launchers.
Users have reported problems across Europe, thought to have originated when the Facebook app for Android was updated.
The app repeatedly crashes within seconds of launching, and as yet there’s no remedy from Facebook.
The problems seem to affect users on almost all brands of Android handset – and users around the world voiced their dismay on Twitter.
#facebookdown my Facebook app keeps crashing on my Android smartphone. Samsung A5. Message "Facebook has stopped working ". Any news?
— POETICJUSTICE (@garyrodgers49) July 12, 2018
— Heather Rill (@hemrill) July 12, 2018
— Patsy Williams (@pdubnphilly) July 12, 2018
— Joann Koenecke (@joann_koenecke) July 12, 2018
One user commented on DownDetector, ‘App crashes every time I open it. Restarted phone, uninstalled and reinstalled app, then saw that others were also having issues.’
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- BBC pay: List of highest paid stars reveals men still receive more than women
- Little-known STI that can leave women infertile ‘could become a superbug within 10 years’
- Woman jailed for nine years after admitting killing her father 12 years ago and burying his body in her back garden
- US Embassy warns Americans in the UK to ‘keep a low profile’ during Donald Trump visit over violence fears
- Woman pictured stomping on London ambulance after England’s World Cup win against Sweden identified by police
A Facebook spokesperson said, ‘We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble accessing the Facebook app.
‘We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.’