Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse has revealed that she is still waiting for a call inviting her back for the next series.
The dancer, 38, was a new addition to the judging panel for 2019, replacing Dame Darcey Bussell and taking a seat alongside Craig Revel Horwood, Bruno Tonioli and Shirley Ballas.
Despite proving to be popular with viewers of the BBC show, Mabuse admitted she still does not know if she will be back.
Read more: Motsi Mabuse talks about Strictly curse
She opened up on the Graham Norton Show as she talked about how she landed her role on Strictly in the first place.
Mabuse said she had been in Germany when Dame Darcey stepped down and she joked to her sister Oti Mabuse – one of the professionals on the programme – that the BBC should ask her to fill in.
To her surprise, she did then get a call.
Mabuse went on: “Then, when they called me again and told me I was still in the race, I asked them to send me a text and not call again because I couldn’t handle the pressure. They didn’t send a text, they actually came and said, ‘Welcome to the BBC’.”
Asked the situation for the next series of the much-loved show, she confessed: “They haven’t said anything to me.
“I’m waiting for that call – again!”
Mabuse is a former German Latin Champion and South African Champion. She was a judge on Let’s Dance, the German version of Strictly Come Dancing.
The latest series of Strictly wrapped up earlier this month, with Kelvin Fletcher and Oti lifting the coveted Glitterball trophy.
The Graham Norton Show airs on BBC One on December 31 at 10.20pm.