A cat killer has been accused by a pet owner of poisoning 13 animals in a town in Wales.
Police are investigating after a number of cat deaths were reported in the town of Flint, Flintshire.
Leanne Shaw, 34, found her three-year old cat Binx lying in pain next to a path.
She rushed him to the vets but he could not be saved. A post-mortem examination found he died of antifreeze poisoning.
Shaw said a number of people in the town have told her their cats have also been killed recently. She claimed as many as 13 cats had been poisoned.
Police are now investigating the pet deaths, while the RSPCA have warned cat owners in the area to be vigilant.
Shaw said her suspicions were first raised when two other cats died unexpectedly in the neighbourhood before Binx died.
"We found it a bit suspicious that two cats died from the same thing," she said.
"I mean one cat could have been an accident but for two cats to die of the same thing a month apart got us all thinking.
"I started worrying about my cats then. I have three of them so I called them all for their tea but only two came back that evening."
After searching for Binx, she heard him miaowing from a nearby path.
"I called his name near the top of the path and heard him cry. I instantly knew it was him and he wasn't okay, the miaow was awful and painful.
"As I made my way through the thorns and nettles I saw him lying on his side, his fur soaking wet, covered in leaves, mud and sticks.
"As I carried him home he sounded in so much pain, he had chemical burns to his mouth and he kept having seizures.
"He would look at me all calm and still then suddenly his eyes went huge, his claws came out and he looked terrified while he tried his best to kick his legs, they weren't working in co-ordination at all.
"I had to lay him on the floor at one point as he scratched me, it was terrifying seeing him so scared but moving like a zombie cat before flopping back down."
Shaw said her two children, aged five and eight, were left heartbroken after seeing Binx in "extreme pain".
She said: "I have been private messaged by at least five people whose cats were also poisoned with antifreeze in the area.
"As well as those who commented on my post, 13 cats have died from antifreeze in this very small area of Flint."
She advised cat owners to feed their animals regularly and on schedule so their pets know when and where their food is coming from.
A North Wales Police spokesman said: "At around 11pm on Thursday, 22 September, we received a report that a cat is suspected to have been poisoned on Coed Onn Road, Flint.
"Officers are looking into the reports and ask anyone with information that could assist with enquiries to contact officers on 101."
An RSPCA spokesperson said: "These are extremely sad and upsetting incidents and we extend our sympathies to the owners of the cats who have lost their lives and urge pet owners in the local area to be vigilant.
"At this stage we don't know if these were accidental incidents or deliberate, but in the meantime we would ask everyone in the area to check where they keep their pesticides and chemicals and make sure they are secure and out of the way."