By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Corbyn: Only I Will Decide On Syria VoteSky News - 6 minutes ago
- Poll: Growing Doubts Over Climate Change CausesSky News - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
- Paris Attacks Could Happen In UK, Warns MinisterSky News - 3 hours ago
- Colorado Gun Suspect Said 'No More Baby Parts'Sky News - 4 hours ago
- Curry Chef Shortage Creates Closure CrisisSky News - 5 hours ago
By Ian Dunt
Download it now.