By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Royal Tour: Prince George Wom-Batty About OzSky News - 10 minutes ago
- 'Ukraine A Pawn In US Game Against Russia'Sky News - 13 minutes ago
- FBI Hunts For UK Victims Of Paedophile TeacherSky News - 25 minutes ago
- Eurotunnel On Track Amid Freight Truck BoostSky News - 28 minutes ago
- Labour Looks At Breaking Ties With Co-Op BankSky News - 47 minutes ago
By Ian Dunt