By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- MH370 Search: More Debris Found On BeachSky News - 29 minutes ago
- Ebola Vaccine Success Hailed 'A Turning Point'Sky News - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
- Calais Crisis: Hundreds Storm Channel TunnelSky News - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
- Car Festival To Resume After Fatal Plane CrashSky News - 6 hours ago
- Bin Laden Plane Crash 'Doesn't Make Sense'Sky News - 6 hours ago
By Ian Dunt