By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Search As Hundreds Of Boat Migrants Feared DeadSky News - 13 minutes ago
- Fourth Arrest Over Syrian Preacher's MurderSky News - 13 minutes ago
- Tories Pledge Thatcher-Style Lloyds Sell-OffSky News - 44 minutes ago
- Bootle Murders: Suspect Seen On CCTV In LondonSky News - 50 minutes ago
- Body Found In Missing Kayaker SearchSky News - 55 minutes ago
By Ian Dunt