By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Thousands March To Honour Murdered Putin CriticSky News - 41 minutes ago
- President Rand Paul? Senator Wins Straw PollSky News - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
- Girl 'Suicide Bomber' Beaten To Death And BurnedSky News - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
- Murdered Cyclist's Sister Pays TributeSky News - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
- Prince William To Tackle China Wildlife TradeSky News - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
By Ian Dunt