By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Britain Set For Hottest Day In Nine YearsSky News - 27 minutes ago
- Phone Hacking: Ex-NOTW Deputy Not GuiltySky News - 31 minutes ago
- Wave Of Attacks Kill 50 Soldiers In EgyptSky News - 32 minutes ago
- London Runway Decision By End Of Year - PMSky News - 33 minutes ago
- Greek PM Says Country Will Accept BailoutSky News - 41 minutes ago
By Ian Dunt