By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Tesco Half-Year Profits Fall 55% To £354mSky News - 8 minutes ago
- FBI Foils Plots To Sell Nuclear Material To ISSky News - 11 minutes ago
- Russian Airstrikes In Syria With Ground AssaultSky News - 2 minutes 53 seconds ago
- Cameron To Demand House Building 'Crusade'Sky News - 43 minutes ago
- KFC-Owner's Shares Plunge 18% On China WoesSky News - 47 minutes ago
By Ian Dunt
Download it now.