By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Ireland Set To Say 'Yes' To Same-Sex MarriageSky News - 18 minutes ago
- Burma: Law Demands Three-Year Gap Between KidsSky News - 19 minutes ago
- Watchdog: Councils Cutting Back On CCTVSky News - 31 minutes ago
- 580 Pupils Poisoned By Chicken SandwichesSky News - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
- Hatton Garden Heist: Ninth Man ChargedSky News - 2 hours 22 minutes ago
By Ian Dunt