Reveller wakes up in club toilets the morning after night out, 'setting off alarms' as she leaves


A drunk reveller who partied 'too hard' was stunned when she woke up in locked nightclub loos the following morning - setting off alarms as she stumbled out. Eloise Paull began the night at a friend's 18th birthday last weekend (June 15) and went into Wakefield town centre with pals to continue the celebrations.

The group went to nightclub Havana and, according to friends, Eloise kept 'disappearing', eventually telling them she was popping to the loo. Unbeknown to her pals, the 19-year-old fell asleep in the cubicle and continued snoozing long after the club had emptied for the night.

Five hours later, at 9am, a bleary-eyed Eloise woke up, pushed open the door and realised to her horror she was still in the club - setting off the alarms as she tried to make a bid for freedom. A hilarious clip shows Eloise wandering out of the club as alarms blare out behind her, before she closes the door and declares 'see you in a bit, mush'.

The TikTok footage has gone viral, racking up more than 60,000 likes, shares and comments. Notorious for getting 'a bit drunk and doing stupid stuff' in her friendship circle, the waitress said this was the first time she had done something 'on this level'.

Havana Nightclub said they were investigating how it happened and will be putting procedures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again. Eloise, from Wakefield, West Yorkshire, said: "I don't really know what happened as I was quite drunk.

"My mate told me that I said to her I was going to the toilet. I'd been disappearing throughout the night, so she didn't think so come look for me because I'd been disappearing.

Eloise Paull posing for a photo with a beer
Eloise advises others to not make her mistake by drinking responsibly and staying with their friends on a night out -Credit:Kennedy News/eloisejp.x

"They never saw me after that. The next thing, I woke up in the toilet and there were alarms going off. I didn't really know where I was to be honest. I woke up in the toilet and as soon as I left, that's when the alarm started going off. The noise was hurting my ears. It didn't help the hangover but to be honest - at that point I think I was still quite drunk.

"It took me a little while to figure out where I actually was. I was really dazed and confused because I'd been drinking two days in a row. I was wandering about this big dance floor thinking 'what is this place?'

"All the lights were off so I couldn't see anything. I walked downstairs and I saw the ticket booth where you get the wristbands and thought 'that's the Havana ticket booth'. I went and stood behind it just looking around thinking 'what?' That's when I realised where I was."

Red-faced Eloise says she eventually found the 'embarrassing' ordeal funny, but advises others to not make her mistake by drinking responsibly and staying with their friends on a night out. Eloise said: "I thought all pubs checked the toilets and had cleaners who would have come in and mopped up, but somehow no one noticed me.

"I was there for about 20 minutes (after I woke up). Every time the alarm went off I'd go back into the toilet but I thought 'I have to set the alarms off, what else can I do? I need to get out'. I went out and then I realised I'd left my bag in the building so I had to get back in.

"After that I got a taxi home, the walk to the taxi was so bad. I still had my heels and my dress on, it was so embarrassing. I went home and messaged Havana. They said sorry and 'hope you had a good night's sleep'.

"I'm known within my friend group for getting a bit drunk and doing stupid stuff sometimes, but not this on level. I thought it was all quite funny. Drink responsibly is the message. Stay with your friends on a night out and don't disappear. If I hadn't disappeared throughout the whole night, they'd have noticed I was gone but because I kept disappearing they didn't look for me."

A Havana spokesman said: "Havana is a new club that has just opened in Wakefield. We are aware of the incident and we are investigating how this has happened and will be putting in procedures to ensure this does not happen again."