A security guard saved a student from choking by performing the Heimlich maneuver at a high school cafeteria in Rochester, New York, as seen in surveillance footage taken on February 26.
Security video released by Greece Athena High School captured a student approaching security guard Robin Cooper, who recognized that he was choking on a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich, according to local news reports.
“Have you ever sat through training and wondered why you were there? Training pays off,” Steve Chatterton, director of security at Greece Central Schools, wrote in a tweet. Credit: Greece Athena High School via Storyful