At least four people were injured, including one critically, when a public bus struck multiple vehicles outside a shopping mall in Daly City, California, shortly before noon on Friday, December 2, according to transit and fire officials.
San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans) said a SamTrans bus “was involved in a collision with 16 vehicles in the Serramonte Center parking lot” at 11:50 am.
Footage from the scene shows the bus in the parking lot and several damaged vehicles.
The cause of the crash was under investigation, SamTrans said.
According to NBC Bay Area, witnesses said "they saw the driver of the bus lose control, jump the curb, and smash into several vehicles in the Target parking lot. Credit: @GinaReppinDaBay via Storyful
- What the hell is the bus doing here?
- I know. This is crazy.
- Somehow, the bus came all up in here in [INAUDIBLE].
- But anyway--
- The bus stops all the way over there by Ross. And the bus ended up right here. I'm narrating. And the bus is supposed to come right over here, and go down here, and then go way in the back over there by Ross, kind of, turn left, and then go over there by Dave and Buster's. And the bus ended up over here. Like, what the hell?
So something happened. The ambulance already came and took off. And this is nuts. And hit all these cars. So I don't know if the bus driver ended up in the ambulance or what, but-- oh, my god. Look at that.
This is a huge accident. Like, this is-- oh, my god. Like, what was this bus doing here? This is crazy.
- Never again. How the hell did the bus get over here?
- Yeah. This is insane.
- Holy [MUTED].
- Oh, my god. Look at all that shrubbery. He must have came through right here. Whoa. Holy crap.
- That black car I don't know if it has anything to do with it.
- He came through here. Look. He came through right there.
- Yeah. Oh, my god.
- Yeah. He came through there. That's what I'm saying.