BET+, the SVOD service operated by a joint venture between Tyler Perry Studios and the BET Networks, has crossed the 1 million subscriber mark, I have learned. The milestone comes a month before the streamer’s one-year anniversary. Reps for BET could not be reached for comment.
Launched on Sept. 19, BET+ features original films and TV series as well as programs from the BET library. The platform’s slate of original series includes shows from Perry, starting with drama Ruthless and comedy Bruh, as well as Tracy Oliver’s First Wives Club and the Will Packer-produced Bigger, both renewed for a second season.
More from Deadline
- Tyler Perry's 'The Oval' Season 2 Wraps Production In Atlanta Ahead Of Schedule
- BET Sets 'Black America Votes: The VP Choice' Special To Spotlight Kamala Harris's Historic Candidacy
- Tyler Perry's 'Sistas': Trinity Whiteside & Crystal Hayslett Upped To Series Regulars, Chris Warren To Recur In Season 2 Of BET Dramedy
Next up for the service is the Aug. 27 premiere of Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Farewell Play.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto