UK's most notorious woman paedophile able to change name before prison release

Sick paedo Vanessa George was jailed in 2009, though could be released from prison in the New Year (Police Handout)

The UK’s most notorious woman paedophile has changed her identity ahead of her release from jail., it has emerged.

Convicted child molester Vanessa George was locked up in 2009 after she was caught taking at least 64 pictures of herself harming babies and toddlers.

Sick George, a mum-of-two, was jailed alongside four others for child abuse, but she is now eligible for parole.

The child abuser, from Plymouth, in Devon, has changed her name in prison.

George has kept her first name, though she has reverted to her maiden name of Vanessa Sylvia Marks.

Her name change follows a divorce from husband Andrew, who claimed he would ‘jump for joy’ if she took her own life after her despicable crimes.

It is probable she will take on yet another identity when she is released from her Surrey prison, for her own protection.

George has been eligible for parole since December 2016. A hearing is expected in the New Year, so George could be back on the streets in early 2019.

The mother-of-two told her internet lover Colin Blanchard she was a ‘paedo whore mum’.

George worked at a nursery in Plymouth, until her arrest on June 9, 2009 on suspicion of sexually assaulting a number of pre-school children in her care.

She was also suspected of taking indecent photographs of them, before sharing them with her online lover.

George admitted to seven sexual assaults of young children and another six counts of distributing and making indecent images of children.

She was sentenced alongside Blanchard and his other online-lover, Angela Allen of Nottingham, at Bristol Crown Court on December 15, 2009.

Some shocked colleagues described George as ‘the life and soul of the party’, while others described her as ‘horrible’.

During her sentencing, Judge Mr Justice Royce said the disturbing case had caused ‘widespread revulsion and incredulity’ and had ‘rocked the city of Plymouth’.