A British man in Magaluf has divided Twitter after he posted a picture of himself wearing a Karen Matthews outfit on a night out.
Twitter user @liamlambrini wore a ginger wig, carried a teddy bear and wore a t-shirt emblazoned with the message: ‘Have you seen Shannon Matthews?’
The outfit was worn for a ‘Ginger Icons’ party and his choice of clothing received something of a mixed reaction.
While some tweeters described the outfit as ‘brutal’ and ‘hardcore’, others just found it funny.
One person wrote: ‘There’s iconic, and then there’s this iconic OH MY GOD.’
Another added: ‘You’re my idol (you already were, this is just an extension of my support).’
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- James Bulger’s father in legal battle to reveal child killer Jon Venables’ true identity
- Schoolboy suffering life-threatening condition died under 24 hours after hospital discharged him
- You are more likely to drink alcohol if you do these jobs
- Couple left girls, aged four and 11, alone on holiday in Majorca while they went out to get ‘paralytic’ drunk
- Wife admits to lying to police about army sergeant husband accused of sabotaging her parachute
Karen Matthews staged the kidnapping of her own daughter in 2008 after seeing how much money was donated to the McCann’s following the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.
Nine-year-old Shannon Matthews was found alive 24 days after she was reported missing, stuffed inside the base of a divan bed in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.
Karen Matthews and her boyfriend’s uncle, Michael Donovan, were both jailed for eight years for kidnapping, false imprisonment, and perverting the course of justice.
Karen Matthews was released in April 2012 after serving half her sentence.