Carl Woods breaks silence after he's charged with public order offence

·Contributor
·3-min read
Carl Woods says he's the 'victim of lies'. (PA)
Carl Woods says he's the 'victim of lies'. (PA)

Katie Price’s fiancé Carl Woods has said he is the “victim of lies” and that he didn’t ever assault the former model.

Woods, 33, spoke out after he was charged with a public order offence in relation to an incident last year.

He said the charge related to him arguing in the street and using foul language, but suggested it was wrongly being linked to reports last year that a man had been arrested on suspicion of assaulting Price.

Read more: Katie Price 'hit rock bottom' in drink-drive crash and commits to weekly therapy for life

He said in a string of videos on Instagram: “The papers have written I have been charged with a public order offence. Yes I have. A public order offence is just arguing in the street and using foul language, that is what I have been charged with.”

Woods has addressed the rumours in a series of videos. (Instagram)
Woods has addressed the rumours in a series of videos. (Instagram)

He went on: “Nowhere have they said I was charged with assault on Katie or actually anything to do with the incident in August, because I wasn’t, it was nothing to do with me.”

Price, 43, could then be heard in the background, saying: “I have never called the police on you, never.”

Woods suggested that reports about his public order charge were 'leading people down a path'.

“Everything I say I have got proof of and I will show it,” he said.

Katie Price with Carl Woods leaving Crawley Magistrates' Court in West Sussex after she was handed a 16-week suspended jail sentence for drink-driving while disqualified and without insurance following a crash near her home in Sussex. The former glamour model, 43, was also banned from driving for two years over the collision on the B2135 near Partridge Green on September 28. Picture date: Wednesday December 15, 2021. (Photo by Ian West/PA Images via Getty Images)
Katie Price and Carl Woods have been together since 2020. (Ian West/PA Images via Getty Images)

He went on: “So everyone that is messaging me saying 'you attacked Katie, you did this, the truth is out'. No the truth’s not out, it’s not out at all.”

Mum-of-five Price was then heard off camera again, saying: “He never ever touched me.”

Woods continued: “Nowhere has it been said that I have been charged with assaulting Katie, they haven’t said that. No one has said I’ve been charged with coercive controlling behaviour, because it’s not true, it hasn’t happened.”

He said he had “black and white proof”.

“Didn’t lay a finger on her,” he insisted.

File photo dated 09/09/21 of Katie Price. Katie Price's family said they have been concerned �for some time� about the TV personality�s mental wellbeing after she was reportedly involved in a car collision. Issue date: Tuesday September 28, 2021.
Katie Price defended her fiance in the video. (PA)

“Didn’t ever coercively control her. Anyone who thinks you can control Katie Price you gotta be off your head, because you can’t.

“There are lots and lots of things I have got that absolutely cover me and prove I am completely and utterly innocent, so it is coming, factual proof, black and white – unarguable.”

Read more: Katie Price says she was so depressed she 'couldn’t be bothered' to do anything

Price and Woods have been dating since 2020 and got engaged last year.

Woods was arrested following an incident in Essex last August. He has been charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting language or behaviour.

Watch: Carl Woods charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting