New critters are available every month in Animal Crossing meaning there's always something you can be doing.
For those who want to complete their Critterpedia, a new month means they can continue to do just that.
If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, that means summer is knocking on the door. With this, you'll start to see some exotic (and valuable) fish in your waters.
Have you been wondering where and how you can finally catch a shark? Well, now is your time to do so.
There will, of course, be new bugs to capture this month as well, which is sure to thrill entomologists out there, but we will cover that in a different guide.
Here are all the fish you'll be able to find in June
- Giant Snakehead: Available 9 am — 4 pm in ponds. This fish has a large shadow.
- Gar: Available 4 pm — 9 am in ponds. Look for a huge shadow
- Tilapia: Available all day in rivers. This fish has a medium shadow.
- Piranha: Available 9 am — 4 pm and 9:00 pm - 4:00 am in rivers. These snappy pests cast a small shadow.
- Arowana: Available 4 pm — 9 pm in rivers. Arowana cast a large shadow, it probably won't be a black bass...
- Dorado: Available 4 pm — 9 pm in rivers. If you spot a very large shadow, get fishing.
- Arapaima: Available 4 pm — 9 am in rivers. This long fish casts a huge shadow.
- Saddled Bichir: Available 9 pm — 4 am in rivers. Look for a large shadow.
- Ribbon Eel: Available all day in rivers. Look for a narrow shadow.
- Saw Shark: Available 4 pm — 9 am in the ocean. Look for an ominous finned shadow.
- Hammerhead Shark: Available 4 pm — 9 am in the ocean. This will have a finned shadow.
- Great White Shark: Available 4 pm — 9 am in the ocean. Look for a finned shadow.
- Whale Shark: Available all day in the ocean. This will cast a finned shadow as well.
- Suckerfish: Available all day in the ocean. Look for a finned shadow.
Did you catch everything you needed in May?
There were some rarer fish appearing around your island's pier, where you'd be able to catch a Giant Trevally.
A handy video posted by the official Animal Crossing Twitter account shared a glimpse into where you can find them.
The month of May is wrapping up, but there’s still plenty to see on your island in #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons! Have you discovered some of the fish and bugs appearing this month? Don’t forget to celebrate International Museum Day by participating in the Stamp Rally. pic.twitter.com/JucR881MkG— Tom Nook (@animalcrossing)May 26, 2020
Beautiful little Rainbow fish could also be found in ponds, as well as diving beetles.
Time to bulk-buy some fishing rods, you're going to be busy for a while.
For more Animal Crossing guides and help getting started, check out our dedicated guide page here.