It’s the stuff of interior design dreams – a television which magically disappears into the wall at the touch of a button.
Samsung made it a reality this week, with an ultra-slim TV which ‘mimics’ the pattern on the wall behind it, allowing it to blend in like a chameleon.
The feature is built into some of Samsung’s new QLED TVs and is called ‘Ambient Mode’, using a picture of the wall behind to create the ‘camouflage’.
It’s controlled via Samsung’s smart home ‘Smart Things’ app, and was shown off at an event on Wednesday.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Rugby player left disabled for life after eating slug as dare at birthday party
- Government could expel Russian officials as spy, daughter and policeman ‘remain critical’
- Horror crash in North Yorkshire leaves two teens dead and seven injured
- This is the age when you stop being young
- You’re going to need a bigger boat! Extraordinary moment a giant whale shark looms beneath unsuspecting tourists
The app matches an image of the wall behind it to the screen, and can work even with patterned wallpaper, brick or wood.
Samsung said, ‘Ambient mode can mimic the pattern on the wall behind the TV to create an astonishing visual effect in which the TV blends seamlessly into the wall.’