A barber has been jailed for eight months for giving a ‘number 1’ haircut to a young boy as a punishment.
Abdulrahim Omar, from Bedford, shaved off the 10-year-old boy’s hair because the boy had tried to use an electric razor on himself.
Omar apparently wanted to teach the boy a lesson about the danger of razors.
As he chopped off the hair, others watching the barber laughed.
The 10-year-old was subsequently left with ‘psychological and physical harm’, Luton Crown Court was told.
He was so upset when it happened, the youngster subsequently called the police. Omar was later arrested.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Plague of rats ‘the size of small dogs’ chewing through car cables as they take over English town
- Scary Obama video highlights how ‘Deepfake’ videos are the next stage of ‘fake news’
- ‘Animals make funny sounds and smell bad’: Farmer puts up scathing sign for complaining ‘townies’
- Ex-Playboy model who claims she had affair with Donald Trump freed from contract banning her from discussing him
- Flip phones are making a comeback as everyone gets sick of social media
Prosecutor Alex Radley said: ‘The young man was proud of his hairstyle and felt that it was important to him. He suffered psychological and physical harm.’
Judge Richard Foster said the decision to chop off the hair was a ‘disgusting piece of humiliation’.
‘This offence was the premeditated humiliation of a 10 year old,’ said the judge.
‘It was despicable conduct to treat a child in that way. There is no excuse for what you did. It was a most disgusting piece of humiliation.’
Omar’s defence team said the barber had realised he had made a grave mistake and it was a one-off action.