Mark Hamill apparently gives no f**ks at this point because he's throwing shade at his Star Wars bosses constantly.
The most recent example of his jaw-dropping candour came during an interview with ABC News, in which he admitted he openly challenged Star Wars: The Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson before filming.
"When I read 8, I told Rian, 'I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything you've decided about my character'," Hamill said. "But it might be a good sign! I was really wrong about [The Force Awakens].
"I said, 'When I turn around, the audience is going to hoot and holler because it's such an obvious cheat'. I didn't foresee John Williams's incredible music and the shots of Daisy [Ridley] or the build-up to it all.
"I was never happier to be wrong!"
He was particularly taken aback by a scene teased in last week's incredibly exciting trailer, where Luke Skywalker insists that "it's time for the Jedi to end".
"It was as shocking for me to read what Rian had written as I'm sure it will be for the audience," Hamill acknowledges.
While he stopped short of giving spoilers, Hamill did tease that it's "possible" that we'll actually see Luke embrace the dark side just as his nephew Kylo Ren did.
Last week, Hamill also openly complained that The Force Awakens was "a great missed opportunity" because director JJ Abrams failed to reunite Luke, Han and Leia on screen one last time.
"It [would carry] so much emotional resonance in to the next film," he explained. "For us, [Han's] wife, his best friend to witness [his death], instead of two characters [Rey and Finn] who'd known him what, 20 minutes?"
It might be wise to zip those lips Mark, unless you're keen for Luke to end up sliced in half by Kylo Ren's lightsaber.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is in cinemas December 16. Watch the trailer below:
You Might Also Like