Two men have been injured after a bus crashed into a lamppost near Buckingham Palace.
The collision happened shortly before 6am on Wednesday about 150m from the London landmark.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said two men were treated for minor injuries, including one who was taken to hospital.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- James Bulger’s father in legal battle to reveal child killer Jon Venables’ true identity
- Schoolboy suffering life-threatening condition died under 24 hours after hospital discharged him
- You are more likely to drink alcohol if you do these jobs
- Couple left girls, aged four and 11, alone on holiday in Majorca while they went out to get ‘paralytic’ drunk
- Wife admits to lying to police about army sergeant husband accused of sabotaging her parachute
The crash at the junction of Buckingham Palace Road and Victoria Street severely damaged the front left corner of the double-decker bus, smashing part of its windscreen.
BUCKINGHAM PALACE ROAD – Due to a road traffic incident the police have closed the road. Buses towards Victoria are on diversion as a result. Buses in both directions are affected.
— TfL Bus Alerts (@TfLBusAlerts) May 2, 2018
The number 16 bus appeared to have almost completed its journey from Cricklewood, north-west London, to Victoria Station.
The bus was run by Metroline for Transport for London.